S-STEM Scholarship Program
Texas Woman’s University seeks to increase the number of students graduating in the fields of science, technology and/or mathematics and to better prepare these graduates for the next step in their careers, whether it is graduate school or employment.
Selected students may be awarded up to $5,000 per semester in scholarship funds.
The S-Stem Scholarship Program application opens July 1 and closes on September 15 for fall consideration; and reopens on November 1 until February 15 for spring consideration.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the S-STEM scholarship program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Attained freshman, sophomore, junior or senior standing
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Major in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, and/or Mathematics (except for clinical fields such as pre-med)
- Students must demonstrate financial need, which is defined by eligibility for Federal need-based financial aid. This will be determined by the TWU Financial Aid Office. Students are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year, and eligibility may change year-to-year according to the results of the FAFSA.
- Submit two recommendation letters speaking of your academic merit and promise in your chosen field.
- Upload a personal statement (300-400 words) to include your interest in STEM fields and future plans after graduation.
This scholarship is not for those who are planning on careers such as medical doctors, veterinarians, dentists, nurses, PAs, pharmacists, or other careers requiring professional degrees.
SELECTION IS MADE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS