Carolyn Yvonne Looney Endowed Scholarship in Deaf Education
The Carolyn Yvonne Looney Scholarship in Deaf Education was established by Charles A. Looney, III, and Paula Y. Looney and many friends and family to endow a scholarship in Deaf Education. This was created in memory of Carolyn, a TWU alum who wanted this scholarship to be created before she passed away. This scholarship is for a graduate student seeking to become a teacher of science and/or math for deaf or hard-of-hearing students. Those planning to become EC-6 teachers of students who are deaf/hard of hearing are also encouraged to apply. First preference is given to recipients who themselves are deaf/hard of hearing.
Recipients may re-apply for the scholarship annually.
• Application Dates – Opens July 1, Closes March
• Awarding Department – Deaf Education
• Department Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Level – Graduate
• Classification – Master’s
• Major – Deaf Education
• Minimum Cumulative GPA – 3.2 for GR
• Minimum Enrollment Requirement – Any
• Minimum Total Credit Hours Earned – Any
• Renewability – Scholarship may be renewed if all requirements are met.
• FAFSA – NA
• Other – Post-Acceptance responses must be completed before funds will be transmitted.