Helen Benjamin Scholarship In English (ESFL)
The purpose of the Helen Benjamin Scholarship in English is to provide an annual gift to support a scholarship to be used for students pursuing a degree in the Department of English. The recipient must fulfill the following requirements:
a. Be pursuing a degree in English or Rhetoric at TWU at the bachelor’s (junior or senior), master’s or doctoral level with preference for a Ph.D. seeking student;
b. Preferably an African American Student;
c. Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0 on a r.0 scale or its equivalent if an incoming or current TWU student and maintain that GPA during the scholarship cycle;
d. Evidence of financial need as required by the Financial Aid Office;
e. Two letters of reference — one from a professor and one from a person knowledgeable of applicant’s interest and achievements (not a family member); and
f. A 700-word essay outlining career goals and scholarship worthiness.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please click the attached link to see the ESFL Scholarship Descriptions and the information needed to complete each scholarship application. Click here. This is only for informational purposes for each scholarship, its criteria and the necessary information to complete each application.
- Please upload your completed ESFL scholarship application. Click here to access the form.
- Are you pursuing a degree in English or Rhetoric at TWU at the Bachelor's (junior or senior) master's or doctoral level? Preference will be given to Ph.D. seeking students.
- Upload a 700 word essay outlining your career goals and scholarship worthiness.
- Have you contacted references to provide letter of recommmendation?
- Provide a letter of reference from a professor who can speak of your academic merit and achievement.
- Provide a second letter of reference from someone knowledgeable fo applicant's interest and achievements (not a family member).
- Show 2 more