TWU President's Leadership Council - (PLC)
President’s Leadership Council and Scholarship Invitational
Entering freshmen with strong academic merit (on average top 15% of graduating class) and demonstrated leadership or commitment to service may apply for these scholarships. Select candidates will be invited to the TWU Scholarship Invitational, interview event, and may be given the opportunity to meet TWU’s Chancellor and President. Students who apply for this scholarship may also be eligible for a number of TWU Leadership Awards. These scholarships are renewable for up to four years.
- Supplemental Questions
- The President's Leadership Council 2020 Cohort is currently full. This scholarship application is open to review candidates who may be considered as alternates. Completion of this application does not guarantee that your application will be reviewed for acceptance to the scholarship program. Please select Yes or No to indicate you understand.
- REQUIRED - Review information about the President's Leadership Council Application and selection process. You must acknowledge you have read the attached information. Click here to access the form.
- REQUIRED - Please upload your completed President's Leadership Council Application. You must complete all portions in order to be considered for this scholarship. Click here to access the form. The Leadership Resume and Letter of Recommendation will be separate from this application form.
- REQUIRED - Essay 1: Leadership Ability - In approximately 500 words, describe a situation where you displayed leadership. Be sure to describe your actions and the actions of those around you, and explain what you accomplished.
- REQUIRED: Essay 2: Community Involvement - In approximately 500 words, describe a specific problem or challenge in your community that you have solved or are currently working to address. Explain the steps you took or are taking to address the problem. Why is this issue important to you?
- Leadership Resume - Please provide a comprehensive leadership and involvement resume detailing any involvement in student leadership positions and/or community involvement. Be sure to list a breif description about the organization and your role. List any special awards or accolades you feel might be important to note.
- Please submit the name and email address of a teacher, counselor, administrator and/or volunteer coordinator, etc., who can provide a letter of recommendation that can speak to your leadership abilities and or community involvement.
- Show 2 more