Dorothy Meyer Kincaid
Dorothy Meyer Kincaid was born in Corsicana, Texas in 1924 to parents, Otta Henry Meyer and Mabel Malone Meyer and spent her childhood with her parents in various East Texas oil fields. After graduating from Longview High School, Dorothy began her college career at Dodd College in Shreveport, Louisiana, subsequently transferring to Texas State College for Women (now Texas Woman’s University) graduating with a degree in Biology. After training and becoming a Registered Medical Technician, Dorothy was employed by Charity Hospital in New Orleans. Active in the Baptist church throughout her life, Dorothy met her husband when they were both serving as Attendance Clerks at their church in New Orleans. The couple moved to Midland in 1951 and became involved members of First Baptist Church where Dorothy had a central role in building a church library that housed more than 9,000 volumes in 1985.
Dorothy showed her love of and commitment to Texas Woman’s University by establishing the Dorothy Meyer Kincaid Scholarship Fund for upper-class or graduate students pursuing a degree in Biology with a strong emphasis given to prospective recipients working toward careers in the medical technology field.